You Can Save Money On Your Energy Bills By Sealing Your Air Ducts!
Saving Money Through Effective Air Conditioning Duct Sealing: A Must-Do for San Antonio Homes
Many San Antonio, Texas residents will readily agree that air conditioning is not just a convenience, but a necessity given our hot, humid summers. However, your comfort can come at a steep price if your home’s air conditioning ducts are not properly sealed. Unseen leaks in your ductwork can cause your energy bills to skyrocket.
However, the solution to this problem is within your reach: sealing your air conditioning ducts. Local experts, Air & Plumbing Today at 210-519-5959, offer comprehensive services that can ensure your ductwork is leak-free and efficient.
Signs of Leaking Air Ducts
Recognizing the signs of leaking air ducts is the first step toward energy and financial savings. Here are common indicators:
- High energy bills: If your cooling costs have been increasing without an apparent reason, your ducts might be leaking cold air into the attic.
- Inconsistent temperatures: Rooms that never seem to cool down no matter how long you run the AC could be receiving less air due to duct leaks.
- Excessive dust: If dust seems to accumulate quickly in your home, leaky ducts could be pulling in dust and other particles from your attic.
- Poor indoor air quality: Along with dust, duct leaks can draw in pollutants, negatively affecting your home’s indoor air quality.
How a Professional HVAC Contractor Diagnoses Leaking AC Ducts
If you notice any of these signs, it’s crucial to call a professional HVAC contractor like Air & Plumbing Today. Here are steps they typically take to diagnose leaking AC ducts:
- Visual inspection: The technician will visually check the ductwork for obvious signs of damage, including cracks, holes, and disconnected joints.
- Pressure testing: This involves using a special machine that measures the pressure within your ducts to identify areas where air might be escaping.
- Smoke or fog test: This process involves blowing non-toxic smoke or fog into the duct system. If there are leaks, the smoke or fog will escape, making the leaks visible.
Repairing Air Conditioning Ducts: A Job for the Pros
Once leaks have been diagnosed, the HVAC technician will seal them. Here’s how:
- Sealant application: Technicians apply a special mastic sealant or metal tape to seal minor cracks and holes. They do not use ‘duct tape’ as it is not durable or heat-resistant enough for this task.
- Duct replacement: For severely damaged sections of ductwork, the technician may suggest replacement. This ensures the integrity of the system.
- Insulation installation: Once ducts are sealed, insulating them can prevent heat transfer, making your AC system more efficient.
Invest in Your Home’s Energy Efficiency with Air & Plumbing Today .. and when you see your electric bill during the summer, you’ll say “Nooo Problema!”
Air & Plumbing Today understands the unique demands of San Antonio’s climate and has the expertise to ensure your home’s ductwork is leak-free. Their team is committed to helping you lower your energy bills, improve indoor air quality, and increase the lifespan of your AC system. Call 210-519-5959 today to schedule an inspection of your ductwork, and start saving money while staying comfortable, no matter what the Texas weather throws your way.